Risk analysis has been a highly underrated project element. Many challenges that occur during the construction phase could have been eliminated or reduced by doing a formal risk analysis during, at a minimum, the design phase. It can also provide an approach for a design team to better analyze and understand scope and risks associated with the scope. RHA has integrated a risk analysis as part of each VE study, as appropriate. We have had great success in using this as a tool to better manage project risks during the planning and design phase. A risk analysis can be a small, focused effort or a much larger task to undertake. This depends on the complexity and the needs of the project. Risk analysis can provide the team with an opportunity to first identify various risks and then establish a plan to evaluate and categorize the risks. We often combine an assessment with our formal VE studies. The team works with the owner and the design team during the information phase of the study to ensure a well-rounded understanding and discussion of project risks. During the creative phase of the VE workshop, in the brainstorming session, we will readdress the identified risks to provide opportunities and ideas for addressing the risk as determined by the team.
Risk for Value Engineering
- Web Based Review Services
- Project Team Integration
- Value Engineering/Analysis
- Risk Assessment
- Community Outreach
- Ann Jamison joins the RHA Team December 8, 2016
- August 11, 2016 – Renee Hoekstra, CVS presents “Performance-based Decision Making” August 19, 2016
- August 11, 2016 – On behalf of SAVE International August 19, 2016
- NDOT Advancing Best Practices in the Art of Partnering Conference -Reno-Sparks Convention Center, April 4th-7th, 2017 May 18, 2016
- Renee Hoekstra is now certified by DRBF July 22, 2015
I have had the opportunity to use RHA for Partnering facilitation, and to compare them to a dozen or more other consultants. I found them to be dynamic and entertaining, and they kept the process moving effectively. RHA is at the top of my list for repeat business.
Our Kingdom Hall is used so frequently (day and night) your help with the ingress and egress to our parking lot with minimal disruption has been greatly appreciated.
RHA, the Kiewit Community Outreach Coordinator and her staff are extremely professional and reliable.
RHA’s staff met me and my staff at the property and answered all of our questions. As well the outreach coordinator stayed in constant contact with us, informing us of any changes that are occurring, or just to see how we are doing.
“Their professionalism and results have been very good for our District. RHA did an exceptional job. This is one of several Value Engineering jobs that RHA has done for the Omaha District.”
On one of the many challenges we experienced, RHA went above and beyond to help develop and coordinate with the City of Phoenix staff, Metro and Kiewit last minute signage and detour paths.
At the beginning of our meeting there were a couple of (participants) that appeared to only see things from their side of the fence, so I felt as if Partnering would not be accomplished. By the end of the meeting, you had sure turned the tables to a positive one, with the same goals and Partnering attitudes. You did one fine job throughout the presentation in getting through to the hard heads in the group. The presentation you put on was excellent, and I personally thank you for it.
• American Public Works Association
• Associated General Contractors
• Society of American Military Engineers
• National Society of Professional Engineers
• American Society of Civil Engineers
• Arizona Quality Alliance
• American Consulting Engineers Council
• Arizona Airports Association
• Arizona Association of County Engineers
• SAVE International, “The Value Society”
• Construction Industry Institute
• Alliance for Construction Excellence
• U.S. Institute for Environmental Conflict Resolution
Morris K. Udall Foundation
• Public Works Institute
RHA Conference Topics
· Partnering and Team Integration
· Negotiation and Solving our Differences
· Managing Project Risk to Reduce Change Orders
· Improving Value through Better Decision-making
· Improving Projects by Understanding Project